Friday, November 11, 2016

Clean Eating Fish Quinoa Rice Bowls

I am limiting my carbs and upping the protein and veggies because I am doing a MMA style workout program. I am working so hard and don't want to mess up my results with my food choices. Sometimes you NEED comfort food. I have found this to hit the spot. It is refreshing, but also filling and comforting. I don't miss the shell one bit. I do a blend of quinoa and brown rice for my one carb and it is yummy all while adding extra protein.
Enjoy!



Clean Eating Fish Quinoa Rice Bowls
For the cilantro lime crema:

1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
a pinch of salt

For the avocado cucumber salsa:
1 red onion, diced
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 small cucumber, diced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
the juice of 1 lime

For the fish:
1 lb snapper fish fillet or other white fish
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
To assemble:
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup shredded cabbage
Optional:
fresh cilantro, finely chopped
lime wedges
Instructions
Cilantro lime crema:
Combine all the ingredients for the crema in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the crema in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Avocado cucumber salsa:
Place the cucumber, avocado, red onion and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and season to taste. Mix it gently and set aside.

Fish:
Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels. Combine the flour and spices in a shallow dish.
Dredge each piece of fish in the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the skillet and shred with a couple of forks.
To serve, divide the rice between 4 bowls then add the toppings: fish, shredded cabbage, and avocado cucumber salsa. Drizzle the cilantro lime crema, sprinkle the chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.